Welcome to SupportMe

This website is designed for people who wish to find information on all the various support services that are available to them in the West of Ireland.

Sixteen different categories are listed in order to make looking for information a bit easier and you can also search by keyword or put in your local town.

 
 

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

1. Brothers of Charity Services Galway Website
Address: Contact Details:
Woodlands Centre
Renmore
Galway
Telephone: 091 721400
Website: www.brothersofcharity.ie/galwa...

Our services are divided about equally between children (48%) and adults (52%). We provide a wide range of services with an emphasis on community based services provided mainly through four community-oriented teams, our Early Childhood Services, our School Age Team, our Aftercare team and Supported Employment, and our Ballinasloe-based multidisciplinary team. This work is supported by a range of multidisciplinary specialists and there is a network of respite care and a family support system.

Centre-based services include specialist pre-schools, special schools, centre-based services for adults in Ballinasloe, Casla, Galway, and Gort; and we have two village-type residential centres, The John Paul Centre and the Kilcornan Centre. About 48% of those who use our services attend centre-based services for some or all of their programme while the other 52% are supported in their local preschools, schools, and in other community settings.

While the Brothers of Charity Services Galway work in close association with the other Brothers of Charity regions around the country (Clare, Limerick, Roscommon, the South East, and the Southern Services), the Galway Region’s autonomy is recognised and protected by our National Structure.

 

«« go back to listings